Life Sciences Key Account Director
The Health Sciences Global Business Unit was formed within Oracle in 2008, to focus on developing and selling software specifically for the specialized needs of Healthcare and Life Sciences companies. Over the last 5 years the HSGBU has grown revenues exponentially through a strong and innovative product suite as well as building strong executive and sales relationships with the world’s leading Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, CRO and Biotech companies, and has completed 3 major acquisitions of other life sciences software companies. Success of the business to date has now created the opportunity for an expansion of the life sciences leadership team as Oracle continues to innovate to support the transformation to value based, personalized medicine.
More on our existing Health Sciences Solutions\:
Oracle Health Sciences EMEA is looking for an outstanding, highly experienced candidate to manage 2 flagship Life Science customers in Europe.
Ideally, the role will be based in Denmark or the UK – other northern European countries will be considered for the right candidate; the position will require regular European travel and involve maintaining and building senior level executive relationships with a view to understanding and aligning to the customer’s strategy and vision. It is essential that the candidate has experience pushing genuinely transformational, large programmes in the pharmaceutical industry and has worked with and helped mould senior level strategy and direction with other customers. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, extremely familiar with the pharmaceutical industry and used to working in high pressure, executive level environments.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- A minimum of 10 years working in a Life Science sales role selling SaaS and On Premise e-Clinical technology solutions
- Experience working as a Trusted Advisor to senior leaders in Clinical Operations and/or Pharmacovigilance
- A customer centric sales engagement approach
- A sustained and successful track record in sales and extensive experience managing sales campaigns, including transformation programmes, in the pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with the processes, approach and challenges typically faced by R&D divisions of major Life Science organisations i.e. Clinical and PV processes, Clinical Data Management etc
- A good understanding of the overall Oracle HSGBU products, services and roadmap is preferable
- The successful candidate should demonstrate the following sales and leadership skills\:
o Strong, creative and engaging presentation and interpersonal skills
o An energy, willingness and enthusiasm to lead and be part of a successful hard-working team environment
o Strong planning and execution skills and an ability to drive innovative sales campaigns
o An ability to work with senior executives in a fast paced and challenging environment
o Confident communication skills at senior and middle management level
o A proven track record developing senior executive relationships in tier 1 pharmaceutical organisations
o A history of putting strong governance in place and supporting an integrated account management model
o Experience building relationships with partners to drive and support Oracle Health Sciences sales strategy
o An excellent understanding of Life Science industry challenges and trends
- The role will be focused on 2 Strategic Accounts and will be selling across the entire Oracle Health Sciences product portfolio
- The representative should expect regular travel throughout Europe, in particular Denmark.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required