This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Sept. 23, 2019 by Nordea
Head of Special Investigations & Regulatory Reporting, Nordic
Would you like to get a unique and exciting opportunity to assist in building a “best in class” Intelligence, Analytics & Investigations function and lay the foundations for the future?
We are now looking for a Head of Special Investigations & Regulatory Reporting, with the responsibility for the management and delivery of special investigations and regulatory requests relating to financial crime.
At Nordea, you’ll take part in supporting individuals, families, small start-ups, big companies and institutions. You’ll find that our choices – big or small – really matter. And your skills, passion for customers and unique background are what we need to provide the financial solutions of tomorrow. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
- Undertaking enterprise wide reviews over significant time periods to support regulatory commitments or internal reviews
- Provide advice, direction, oversight and leadership, to the business areas in matters of investigation of alerts, SAR filing and exit decisions
- Enhancing Nordea’s reporting capabilities to support the evolving approach required to identify and report suspicious activity related to networks of activity or of a thematic nature
- Nordea are seeking an inspirational leader who can bring a high level of capability in both the strategic and operational sides of team management
- Key to this role is the ability to provide a comprehensive narrative across a diverse range of complex subjects and topics
- Subject matter support to the MLRO unit on the reporting of complex investigations
- Ensure that appropriate advice is given and documented with regards to AML, ABC and reputational risk issues, ensuring that decisions to close or maintain a relationship are evidenced and documented
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Ability to interpret and provide an overarching narrative when communicating complex subjects to a wider audience
- Personable and works well within a team environment
- Acts with integrity and is comfortable in challenging conversations
- The candidate must have in depth (at least 8 years) financial crime experience from a top tier Financial Institution or large, multi-national business with proven ability to operate in a complex environment
- Experience in building and managing an effective team of highly skilled professionals
- The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership skills and have a proven track record in managing and mentoring teams
- Ability to balance time critical operational deliveries with more strategic project activities
- Stakeholder management will be important in this role. The successful candidate must have the capability and knowledge to influence and advise senior management within Nordea
- Proven technical expertise in the field of financial crime – specifically in respect of AML regulations or a legal background
- Strong technical understanding covering AML, Sanctions and ABC regulation
- Up to date knowledge of the European and global financial crime regulatory framework
- Experience of working within a highly regulated environment along with a sound understanding of the current environment and key issue within financial services
- In-depth understanding of a global financial institution’s products and services
- Expert knowledge of the varies corporate governance structures that are required to run a financial institution with expertise in the compliance and financial crime control framework
- Aware of a financial institutions systems infrastructure (Customer, Transactional, Payments) and financial crime monitoring and detection systems
- Experience in delivering structured project and programme management. Including managing the operational aspects of a department
- Academic Degree (minimum)
- AML (ACAMS, ICA) or an Investigations qualification
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.