This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Jan. 15, 2020 by ultimate.ai
Ai researcher - nlp
Ultimate.ai is Europe’s leading customer service automation platform. We help businesses scale their customer service with artificial intelligence.
Ultimate.ai helps agents work faster and smarter, not harder, by providing them AI tools that augment their workflows. For our enterprise clients, we deliver exceptional customer experiences at lower costs. For the agents, we improve job satisfaction and provide freedom to focus on what really matters: the customer.
Our technology is market leading. We are a small team - based across Helsinki and Berlin - with a big vision and are growing rapidly. We’re backed by Techstars and some of Europe's biggest name VCs. We’re proven; we’ve won major enterprise clients and are focusing heavily on our European expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup at the get-go.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We want to transform how tens of millions of people work in customer service. So, we need a team of world-class talent. As an AI Researcher at Ultimate.ai, you’re at the heart of our ambitious growth plans. You’ll be an integral part of the company from Day 1.
We have a technical edge in the market and you will be at the heart of it. You will push the boundaries on what AI can do to transform the customer service industry. You’ll spend your your time experimenting, applying and iterating with the latest research in machine learning, deep learning and NLP. The goal: to build the world’s best customer service automation platform, which empowers businesses to deliver exceptional customer experiences at scale and in all languages.
- Understand our ambitious long term vision and break it down into measurable milestones and experiments that you can conduct to continually improve our core AI technologies, built using Python, Scipy and TensorFlow.
- Enhance the performance and capabilities of our core NLP.
- Apply the latest advances in research to solving the customer service problem: including deep learning, NLP and NLG, context management, clustering, new data pipelines and autonomous learning through feedback loops.
- Staying abreast of the latest research literature and bringing relevant insights back to the product.
- Working with a tight-knit, cross-functional team to apply data-driven insights and deep ML knowledge to build, test and iterate quickly, with direct guidance from our Chief Science Officer.
We are looking for someone passionate about finding logical solutions to complex problems, who has a deep interest in machine learning and is comfortable with the mathematics behind it. At Ultimate.ai we are pushing the boundaries in what applied conversational AI can do, and so we need all hands on deck. You enjoy brainstorming with teammates to discover innovative solutions to build and iterate rapidly.
- Quantitative or technical degree, e.g. Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
- Proven record of NLP research in academia or industry.
- 1+ years’ of experience in building large scale machine learning or deep learning models in Python, Tensorflow (or other deep learning frameworks) and Python’s data stack (NumPy, SKLearn, Pandas, etc).
- Knowledge of building complex neural network architectures, ideally focused on natural language processing. Unsupervised and semi-supervised learning skills are highly appreciated.
- Ability to implement ideas from research literature into proof-of-concept models.
- Huge bonus if you have experience with conversational AI.
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft, is keen to take part in product discussions and cares about helping the team deliver.
- Fluency in English is a must.