This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Jan. 23, 2020 by Rovio
(Senior) Server Developer (Games Technology)
Do you want a challenge? Do you want your work to reach 10’s of millions of gamers around the globe? Do you feel inspired by being part of developing innovative services for F2P games? If yes, you could be the Server Developer we are now looking for to join our Games Technology team in Espoo, Finland.
Your work will include developing Rovio’s Beacon services and other tools for our game teams. Rovio's Beacon cloud services are used by all of all our games providing user identity, analytics, advertising, segmentation, live ops, payments and third party services. We also provide game server infrastructure templates and microservices, and are working to introduce AI to our game development.
You will work closely with our game teams to find great answers to challenges we face building and operating our games. You will work on projects with other members of our team of developers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, and designers to implement versatile solutions
Games Technology works with data and analytics, machine learning, build and submission tools, cloud infrastructure for service and game servers, and their in-house gaming cloud services platform, Beacon, to bring Rovio’s games to life every day. With a multi-national team of talented professionals, Games Technology supports tens of millions of players, hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serves thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, captures 4 Billion analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and runs approximately 1300 instances on Amazon AWS. All of these services and tools enable successful live operations in Rovio’s games, allowing game teams to optimize player engagement and monetization.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of recent Java development
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Team player mind-set with good communication skills especially in English and have a can-do attitude
It’d be great if you had some of these:
- C# and .NET Core experience.
- Linux shell scripting.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with test frameworks and continuous integration systems
- Interest in emerging solutions and technologies, for example, the use of machine learning in gaming
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, helping you to grow and achieve your professional goals
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in the Technology team
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible work hours
- No crunch; standard work day is 7.5 hours
- Competitive benefits: such as choice of current gen smartphone and home internet service paid, choice of laptop, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna
When applying, please tell us what you would bring to Rovio!