Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer you typically design, build, automate and operate data platforms and data pipelines. The work you do is crucially important to other team members such as data scientists, software developers, designers and of course eventually also clients and their end-users. You have the courage to deep-dive into a client's data even if the domain is foreign to you, and you recognize the importance of knowing how to interact with different types of data and people. Regarding operation, you would rather automate infrastructure, monitoring and recovery routines than solve incidents manually. In addition to strong analytical skills you have a strong consultant mindset and are a customer-oriented person, who enjoys helping and guiding clients. Your good communication skills enable you to collaborate with motivated people of various skills and backgrounds.
You are familiar with most of the following technologies:
• Public cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
• SQL and Python
• Databases (relational and NoSQL)
• Cloud-based data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake)
• Cloud-based ETL/ELT tools (e.g. Fivetran, Matillion)
Your skillset enables you to work independently with
• Data ingestion
• Data transformation
• Data governance
• Data quality assurance and data cleansing
• Data storage
• Data modeling (e.g. dimensional modeling, Data Vault modeling)
As clients increasingly expect scalable, reliable, secure and cost-effective solutions, your demonstrable experience and familiarity with modern cloud-based technologies related to data engineering are important requirements for the job. And because iterative development, CI/CD pipelines, and version control are very much a part of feasible data engineering practices, we greatly value experience in software development and agile methods.
The winning recipe for digital projects is happy people + happy customers + happy users. We hope you share our belief that great software is best built iteratively, with end-to-end ownership of projects, focus on humans first, and the right set of tools.
What we offer:
- The ultimate learning platform
- Flexible working hours & support and tools for maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Social responsibility program where you can give back to the community and receive sponsorship for doing open-source projects on free time
- FutuLabs: 3D printers, VR & AR gear and other cool emerging tech stuff
- Personal IT budget, allowing you to e.g. regularly update your phone
- Caring working environment with short decision paths and low hierarchies
- Work on exciting projects with renowned customers
- Choose the way you work best, select your own devices, workspace, and tool
See also our promise to you !
How does this sound?
If the above sounds like something you can and want to do, and you're a friendly person who is fun to work with, we would love to get your application! Please send it along with your CV and cover letter using the form below.
NOTE: We are currently not able to offer visa sponsorships for Tampere, so unfortunately we can't take applications from outside EU/EEA forward. However, do by all means take a look at our positions in the Helsinki HQ!