Nokia Technologies is focused on licensing valuable Nokia intellectual property, including patents, technologies and the Nokia brand. Building on decades of innovation and R&D leadership in technologies used in virtually all mobile devices used today, Nokia Technologies is expanding our patent licensing business, reintroducing the Nokia brand to smartphones through brand licensing, and establishing a technology licensing business.
Nokia Technologies Licensing team is divided into Sales and Commercial Management teams. The Licensing Sales team leads patent licensing negotiations and has an oversight of Technology licensing sales, while the Licensing Commercial Management team coordinates all patent licensing programs and ensure consistency of valuation and position on licensing related legal and regulatory topics.
The Licensing Team is now looking for a Licensing Director to join their team. The Licensing Director is accountable for identifying licensing opportunities and negotiating and closing licensing agreements. He also plays a key role in managing and utilizing various licensing programmes to ensure business success and implementation of new business models. This role is central in the patent licensing team to achieve business targets, contract negotiations and deal closing.
This position is preferably located in Espoo, Finland.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Applies deep domain expertise in innovating and implementing new patent licensing opportunities and business models to create sustainable competitive advantage. Supports in identifying high-value licensing market opportunities, and those of strategic impact.
- Support market and product direction while developing new and innovative business models.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and a broad business perspective in order to design and develop projects and content relevant for our patents, product and services business.
- Influences business strategy to address internal or external business and regulatory issues.
- Sets goals for key licensing programs and for customer engagement plans to deliver recurring revenue and manage Licensing team cost performance.
- Is a lead negotiator and closes licensing deals while taking into account strategy and business goals of the company.
- Is responsible for high quality of processes and standards. Is recognized as a thought leader within the organizational unit.
- Supports organization in achieving business goals and targets. Ensures that working environment encourages innovation.
- Supports Patent Licensing managers in development of predictable risks and complexity.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- 12+ years of relevant work experience. Extensive experience in licensing is considered an asset.
- A Master’s degree in Business, Law or technical education is preferred
- Able to influence direction, strategy and operation of the Licensing team.
- Skills in influencing and maintaining an open and cooperative atmosphere.
- Strong project management skills.
- Thinks and acts creatively in order to develop and apply new innovative approaches to complex problems.
- Senior licensing professional with global responsibility and expertise in licensing business.
- Able to work with high degree of independence within agreed targets.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Ability to handle complex situations, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations.
- Ability to listen, understand and share customer needs.