Senior devops engineer
Ultimate.ai is Europe’s leading customer service automation platform. We help businesses scale their customer service with artificial intelligence.
ultimate.ai helps agents work faster and smarter, not harder, by providing them AI tools that augment their workflows. For our enterprise clients, we significantly enhance customer experience at lower costs. For the agents, we improve job satisfaction and provide freedom to focus on what really matters: the customer.
Our technology is market-leading. We are a small team - based across Helsinki and Berlin - with a big vision and are growing rapidly. We’re backed by Techstars and some of Europe's biggest name VCs. We’re proven; we’ve won major enterprise clients and are focusing heavily on our European expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup at the get-go.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We want to fundamentally change how people work in customer service. So we need a team of world-class talent. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Ultimate.ai, you’ll be an integral part of this team from day one.
You’ll be instrumental in the design, development and management of our Cloud infrastructure, which controls the deployment of our AI. Infrastructure excellence, with a foundation that is a reliable, flexible, performant and secure is your North Star. You'll work closely alongside development and deep learning teams to build and advance the product. You'll own your work, to build, test and iterate quickly, with direct guidance from our CTO and CSO.
- Design, development and maintenance of our development operations infrastructure.
- Driving business scalability by ensuring that the development and deployment infrastructure is flexible, easy to manage and to use.
- Keeping systems and customer data secure and improving our resilience to any potential setbacks.
- Maintaining our Docker cluster and our private Cloud AI deployments.
- Working closely with other members of the development team to ensure new product features are built stable, secure and reliable.
- Identify any inefficiencies in our software development process and optimise it.
We’re looking for a communicative, experienced engineer who takes pride in producing logical, simple and effective solutions to complex issues. Ideal qualifications:
- Ideal qualifications:
- 4+ years software development experience.
- Experience with automating deployment and integration pipelines using technologies like Docker, Swarm and GitHub.
- Experience in Linux operating systems.
- Strong programming skills in Python and Node.js.
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms.
- Love for solving complex inter-disciplinary backend challenges.
- Fixation for documenting work and enthusiasm to participate in product discussions.
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English.