This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Aug. 15, 2020 by SAP SE
(Senior) Technical Writer - Customer Documentation Job
Requisition ID: 255271
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Labs Finland is the global development unit for SAP Contact Center, an all-software and VoIP based multichannel suite for customer service.
The leading brands and global organizations around the world are running their customer service with SAP Contact Center enabling modern and efficient communications with their customers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In your role as (Senior) Technical Writer you will be responsible for creating and updating deliverables, such as instructions for end users and administrators of SAP Contact Center customers. You will also review and create user interface strings as well as be involved in coordinating translations with translation services.
Your tasks will include:
- Representing customer documentation interests by participating in scrum development team
- Identifying areas of improvement of user guidance & usability in close collaboration with the development team
- Driving new user assistance approaches that effectively serve cloud customers like (Interactive) graphics and animated gifs.
- Creating user assistance deliverables in a development team that enable cloud users to implement, configure, and use Contact Center software
- Participating in software & documentation testing
- Defining simple, consistent terminology that conforms to industry standards
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A degree in technical writing, a language-based university degree, or technical studies.
- Excellent communication and native-level English language skills with a good knowledge of Finnish
- Very good ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner
- Willingness to acquire product knowledge and learn new skills at short notice
- Experience with XML or DITA authoring tools
- Good knowledge of documenting cloud-based software products
- Ability to use visualization techniques to present content
- Ability to work to deadlines, deliver on time, and ensure high quality
- Several years of experience as a technical writer
- A possibility to develop yourself and increase your own knowledge through our own training programs
- Globally known and interesting clients
- Participation in global product development
- Workplace with a beautiful scenery
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.