This job is no longer active. It was disabled the July 1, 2020 by Wärtsilä
Talent Development Lead
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an energy system integrator, we – Wärtsilians - understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Our solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. We support our customers over the lifecycle of their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Did you know that Wärtsilä has 72 GW of installed power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
We are on a journey to restore great performance and simplify how we do business. To support this, Wärtsilä HR is in the midst of a transformation towards ONE fit-for-purpose high-impact HR. As part of our goals, we want to add simplicity in the ways of working, increase clarity in roles and responsibilities and bring more speed in decision making through clear ownership and accountability. HR plays an important role in ensuring our Businesses achieve their goals. The development of HR is done together with businesses.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to building Wärtsilä HR and culture that will enable all our people to achieve great performance together and enjoy while doing it!
As a Talent Development Lead your role will be versatile and range from strategic planning to paced execution, from sparring with senior leaders to working hands-on with experts. The position is located in Helsinki or Vaasa in Finland.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively contribute to development and implementation of business strategy. Translate business strategy to concrete and impactful people development actions for the business.
- Lead execution of learning and development programs and ensure effective implementation of talent development portfolio that is aligned with people priorities for the business.
- Provide insights to learning portfolio development and evaluate the effectiveness of the talent strategies and organisational development.
Your success will be measured against employee satisfaction, your contribution to strategy - and ultimately financial business performance.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building capabilities and competencies in the business according strategy and people agenda
- Lead execution of learning and development programs and ensure effective implementation of talent development portfolio, aligned with people priorities for the business.
- Providing view for learning portfolio and evaluating and providing reports regarding the effectiveness of the business talent strategies
- Developing, initiating and maintaining effective programs for workforce retention, talent management, succession planning and mentoring programs.
- Providing and coordinating coaching and mentoring and talent development actions.
- Drive performance management practices ad relevant cultural enablers, performance and potential review and business target setting and the outcomes.
- Partnering with business leaders, HR Business Partners, Communication lead, Center of Excellence and People Services
As an ideal candidate for this position, you will have a MSc (or BSc) degree in a relevant field (Economics, Pedagogy, Psychology), supported by extensive work experience in talent development or learning and development role or working as a consultant. Experience from working in an international and global environment as well as substantial experience from talent development or capability development will be beneficial for you to succeed in this position.
You will shine in this role with these skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, and facilitation skills.
- Strong and experienced presenter ability to deliver message with impact.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in integrating the people priorities into internal narrative.
- Positive can-do attitude, solution orientation and customer service mind-set.
- General business understanding and understanding of different business models.
- Proven track record on Experience of turning business strategies into talent development and engagement strategies.
- Solid Organisational Development understanding and strong understanding of effective development methodologies.
- Proven track record on driving solid leadership development and talent management.
- Project management experience and/or a target driven and structured way of working.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
In addition, general competency areas relevant to all people in Wärtsilä HR:
- Business acumen: Understanding our businesses interdependencies and performance drivers. Integrating business priorities, perspectives and desired outcomes with HR decisions, operations and activities to drive HR initiatives from a business angle.
- Communication: Conveying and exchanging thoughts, ideas and information effectively through various mediums and approaches.
- System thinking: Performing problem solving within complex environments. Understanding the effects of parts onto the whole by looking for patterns and behaviours.
- Service Orientation: Committing to exceeding both internal and external customers’ needs. Proactively identifying customer needs and sustaining a culture of service excellence within the organization.
- Leadership: Leading others to achieve objectives in the most effective way. Providing an inclusive workplace that cultivates workplace relationships and teamwork, and fostering the development of others
- Decision Making: Choosing a course of action from various alternatives using a reasoned process to achieve intended goals
- Developing People: Helping others to learn and develop their capabilities to enhance their performance and achieve personal or professional goals
Most importantly, you need to have genuine drive and desire to restore great performance together within Wärtsilä HR!
What we offer you
We have an amazing team and a clear purpose to exist. We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague to share our passion with for putting people are at the heart of everything we do. We are also offering the unique opportunity to help us to build an entirely new value offering to the business and the possibility to create long term business impact.
With our Rewarding practices, we drive transparent, fair and equal treatment of our people across the company. Wärtsilä Rewarding principles aim to create value by providing competitive compensation and recognising and rewarding for company and individual performance. Our Employee Benefits aim to build a healthy and sustainable organization and give a boost of energy. We are a diverse community and want to embrace it by being an inclusive employer with flexibility in our benefit offering. We empower our employees to contribute to sustainable societies also through our benefit arrangements. In addition, we want to align our benefit practices to support a culture of high performance and innovation
All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we have to offer which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
If you feel excited about being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a Curriculum Vitae before the application deadline on July 12th by submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
In case you have questions about the position, please contact Senja Koivusalo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com