Engine Electrician, R&D laboratory engine testing
Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a Smart Marine Ecosystem. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient, safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Wärtsilä Marine Solutions 4-stroke engine Research and Development is looking for two (2) Engine Electricians to our engine laboratory. We offer You interesting challenges at the forefront of medium speed 4-stroke engine development in an international working environment.
As a member of a test team taking care of Dual Fuel, Spark Gas and Diesel engine testing, your main focus will be on testing activities taking place in engine laboratory. Occasionally there are also needs to support Wärtsilä engine factories in Finland, Italy, and China, when new engine types or engines with new technologies are introduced into serial production.
The positions are permanent and located in Vaasa.
In test preparation phase
- Connect the engine automation and electrical systems
- Participate in preparing the engine test setup
- Set up, connect and commission the instrumentation and data acquisition system needed for the test
In testing phase
- Participate in the engine operation and execute daily activities on test engines
- Ensure that measurement data is reliable and in compliance with industry specific standards and Wärtsilä guidelines
After the test
- Dismantle the measurement system
- Participate in dismantling the engine test setup
Yearly calibration of the engine performance related instrumentation.
Develop and improve test methods and facilities.
Participate in maintaining and updating engine test cells and engine auxiliary systems.
- You have graduated from vocational school, electricity, automation or electronics
- You can be also just recently graduated Bachelor of Science in electricity, automation or electronics
- Interested in and possessing basic knowledge of engine technology
- You are curious by nature and attracted by new technology
- Knowledge in control and measurement systems is seen as an advantage
- Strong motivation, pro-active attitude and passion for getting things done
- Structured way of working
- Knowledge and good understanding of local rules and regulations related to electrical and mechanical work and safety
- Good communication and team working skills but also ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills
- English language is seen as an advantage
We offer you an opportunity to be a part of an excellent team working on exceptional products and technologies.
All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we are offering, which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a Curriculum Vitae before the application deadline of the August 16th 2020 by submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Please apply by 16th August, 2020 through Wärtsilä Careers.
Contact person to give more information:
Manager, W46TS Testing
+358 40 189 8789
Manager, W31 Testing
+358 400 330 494
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com