Sr. Principal Consultant
A business network is a cloud platform that connects and manages all data, within the enterprise and outside the firewall. Securely connecting data with people, systems and things enables streamlined business processes and delivers new insights and value.
Business networks lay the necessary foundation for turning data into actionable insights. Delivered as a cloud service, they enable data integration, data management and secure data exchange across an increasingly complex network of on-premises and cloud applications, connected devices and business partners or customers.
The OpenText Business Network is the world's largest B2B integration and secure information management environment.
OpenText Business Network Engineering is strengthening its global presence in Tampere location, and we are currently looking for a Senior Principal Consultant to lead the technology and architecture choices and engage hands-on in complex problem solving with local application engineering and system engineering teams.
In this demanding role, you will report directly to Senior Director of Cloud Application Service. It is a position that is highly focused in reviewing and designing the architecture and implementation of OpenText’s mission critical cloud applications and services. This role is seen as a thought leader within the group and will be the person to set the overall technical architecture(s). This position requires a strong understanding of system architecture, software architecture and programming principles. He/she also performs administration, automation, analyzing and developing internal platforms, configuration, and deployments to ensure the stability of core business services. This role will define and enforce monitoring standards, and tuning and maintain database infrastructure environments. This role also requires completing necessary maintenance tasks like patch/upgrades, provide technical support, troubleshooting of application related issues, disaster recovery and security compliance related activities.
You are great at:
- Expert in seeing the “whole" and creating innovative solutions to meet the business needs.
- Critically conducts research on platform products, services, and standards to solve business needs.
- Very focused on how to proactively improve the platform.
- Expert in applying automation to the platforms he/she supports.
- Expert in the daily support the daily administrative tasks for the applications he/she supports.
- Expert in troubleshooting the specific applications he/she supports.
- Expert in the delivery of tested and verified solutions.
- Involved in defining policies and identifying best practices.
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex distributed 3-tiered architecture application with solutions.
- Proficient in the delivery of tested and verified solutions while adhering to SDLC and best practices.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, and automated testing in a virtualized/containerized environment.
- Excellent communication skills taking ownership and initiative to drive successful outcomes.
What it takes:
- Several years of software engineering experience working with distributed platforms.
- Highly skilled and experienced working with Linux OS systems such as Red Hat Linux and window server environments.
- Highly skilled with programming languages such as JAVA, Python and shell scripting.
- Strong experience with technologies such as MSSQL Oracle, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, and performance monitoring and tuning of databases.
- Strong experience troubleshooting and tuning VMware VMs, Linux, Windows, and Java JVM's.
- Experience with supporting, deploying and managing Kubernetes platforms.
- Experience working in a CI / CD environment with tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with configuration management such as Ansible, Rundeck, Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with preparing dashboards for Performance / Capacity Management.
- Experience with event logging, LogRhythm, graylog, Splunk, ELK, Application Performance Monitors such as App Dynamics, New Relic.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining data streaming platform such as Kafka.