Commissioning Engineer, Mechanical
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Energy Business is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Commissioning Engineer, Mechanical.
In this position your main role is to perform commissioning, performance and handing over activities in power plant projects.
Location: You will work mostly at site assignments abroad, and the home office location is either in Turku or Vaasa, Finland.
Approximately 250-300 days abroad per year. Please note that relocation costs and/or immigration support is not available for this position.
We offer you an interesting position in challenging and rewarding projects globally. In this position you have a possibility to work in a successful team with people from many cultural backgrounds.
As Commissioning Engineer Mechanical your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform start-up and tests of equipment within the scope of the contract.
- Follow commissioning plan.
- Follow commissioning and performance tests procedures.
- Ensure that all test results are documented according to Wärtsilä instructions.
- Safeguard the compliance with EHS policies and minimize risks during commissioning.
- Ensure that safe commissioning practices are followed.
- Resolve and record technical problems during the commissioning.
- Participate the site commissioning meetings.
- Ensure that safe and calibrated test equipment are used.
- Maintain good reporting practices.
- Guide operation personnel with plant design and functionalities.
- Assist the client with commissioning procedures and testing.
- Ensure safe and reliable function of the plant and equipment.
- Ensure that as-built drawings are completed and communicated.
- Maintain punch list.
- Ensure that all required documents are submitted and signed by the client for taking over of the plant.
The below will enable you to shine in this role:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
- Working experience in similar tasks preferred
- Working experience in Power Plants or Ships Engine room is an advantage
- Good communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt new technologies
- Ability to adjust to a wide range of conditions and cultural environments
- Project Management knowledge is an advantage
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Other languages are seen as an advantage
Please apply by 26th of June, 2022.
Contact person to give further information:
Manager, Installation & Commissioning
Last application date: 26/06/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.