This job is no longer active. It was disabled the June 9, 2023 by Remedy Entertainment Plc
Back-end Developer (Vanguard)
6 months ago
Posted: 6 months ago
Remedy Entertainment Plc
Company: Remedy Entertainment Plc
As a Back-end Developer you will be a part of the core Vanguard game development team sharing your expertise and best practices with the team and participating the creation of the best technical solutions for live multiplayer game experiences. You will get to work with modern tools, in a truly international work environment with limitless possibility to learn and deepen your knowledge. Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all new Remedy Entertainment experiences!
Ideally, you have participated in back-end engineering role in a full life cycle of designing, building, releasing and maintaining an online games.
- You'll be responsible of designing server side architecture that keeps our games running 24/7.
- Your work style should include writing tests to your code, communicating technical solutions fluently in English and making solutions that are easy to maintain.
- You know what it takes to make your code clean and optimal, how to make SQL databases to run fast and when NoSQL database is superior.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in relevant languages (C++, Golang or Erlang etc)
- Advanced knowledge of micro services architecture
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL database development and optimization
- Prior experience in Cloud Services (AWS)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Excellent C++ skills
- Prior experience in Unreal Engine development
- Prior experience of working with Docker
- Prior experience in building live game services
What is it in for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.