Housemarque is looking for an experienced SysOps Engineer (Mid to Senior level). As SysOps Engineer you are responsible for our internal servers and network. You will be planning, installing and monitoring our network, server and storage infrastructure together with other SysOps and IT.
SysOps Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the welfare of our internal servers and network
- Installing new servers and network infrastructure
- Coordinating with IT and our Build Engineers to make sure that our physical server infrastructure fulfills its purpose
- Optimizing the use of CPU/GPU and fast/slow storage resources in our server cluster
- Planning new network, server and storage infrastructure with other SysOps and IT
We expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in SysOps role
- Experience in Virtual Machine cluster maintenance and installation
- Experience in Linux VM maintenance and operation
- Experience in Linux administration
- Experience in network maintenance
- Experience in storage management
- Able to work on stand-by basis during evenings & weekends one or two weeks a month (stand-by shifts are compensated accordingly on top of your monthly salary)
- Fluent written and verbal skills in English
- Experience in Windows server administration
- Passionate about video games
Housemarque has a track record of 25+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence. Our latest game Returnal was released for PS5 on April 30th, 2021.
At Housemarque, Game is King. We develop great games that bring happiness and joy to gamers and our fans. We aspire to be a great workplace where people develop professionally and as a person.
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- 25+ years of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office (you’d mostly be working from home currently)
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland. We are looking to fill this position quickly so please apply as soon as possible!