This job is no longer active. It was disabled the June 12, 2023 by Elisa
Data Engineer (Helsinki, Tampere, Jyväskylä, Turku, Other)
Elisa Data & Analytics department is responsible for development of large-scale analytics to various Elisa’s business needs. We value the data and we are focused on learning how to support our customers better and want to produce experiences in our customers’ everyday life.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer for the Elisa Data & Analytics team to work together with our skilled Architect, Data Engineers and Scientists.
Your main project would be designing and implementing data integrations between different systems and engineering many kinds of solutions for data handling and machine learning. These complex systems require skills from data integration and solid coding experience.
In this job, you can use your skills in a creative and versatile way right at the heart of our company. You will get a chance to make your own system choices and direct development work in the right direction in line with your own vision.
What to expect? Flexibility comes with responsibility. We believe in giving employees freedom to choose the best way to perform their tasks. You'll never be alone. We got each other's back, and we constantly learn from each other, seniors and juniors working alongside.
Your future team members are working around Finland, so we truly believe in working from wherever you get the best results. This position can be located at any office in Finland, or remote if you are occasionally willing to travel to our HQ in Pasila.
What we expect from you:
- Proficiency in coding with Python, databases and experience with modern software development patterns, including the following: distributed computing, data processing pipelines, and information security.
- Willingness to work with technologies such as Python, Kubernetes, SQL, Kafka, Spark, Mlflow, Flink and similar.
- An enthusiasm and a desire to take responsibility for the progress of projects and get things done
- The ability for independent planning and decision-making
- Good interactive skills and fluent proficiency in English
- We also appreciate if you have experience on Google Cloud platform
- Also few years of development experience on data processing related to analytics is big plus
- Expect that you fill the residency requirements described at the end of the application
We offer you:
- Unique opportunity to directly affect the everyday life of our customers
- The chance to strengthen our Data & analytics unit as a high-quality analytics team member and enhance Elisa’s customer understanding
- Opportunity to work with true big data
- A motivated and agile work environment
- Friendly and highly skilled colleagues
- Good compensation and benefits
- and much more :)
Elisa is one of Finland’s best places to work, by proof. We highly appreciate our extremely flexible working conditions, the endless learning opportunities and the friendly and laid-back culture, among other awesome things. Welcome to join us and see it all for yourself! Check out more reasons to join us.
Interested? Send us an application as soon as possible. We’ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask Juha on Juha.Castren[at]elisa.fi
We will perform a legitimate security clearance on the chosen candidate, which in turn requires having been a resident of Finland for a good number of years before the security clearance can be done.