This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Feb. 7, 2023 by Nordcloud
Database Reliability Engineer
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
Now we're looking for Database Reliability Engineers to join our team in any location!
Your daily work and solutions we build:
- In our Database Reliability Engineering team, you'll be joining a group of database professionals with decades of experience from various data platforms and industries. In this role, you'll be working closely with our customers as well as our cloud architects and developers by providing database expertise and knowledge to projects.
- Your day-to-day work in our team can be anything from migrating database workloads to the cloud or performing health checks to performance tuning of databases. Besides working on various consultation projects we also provide Cloud DBA Service, where we help our customers manage their data assets in the public cloud platforms.
- As a Database Reliability Engineer, you will work with database technologies, including SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, and Oracle. You will also have the opportunity to work on multiple cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
What we would like to see:
- Expertise in SQL Server, Postgres, or MySQL.
- Expertise in DB2.
- Expertise in designing high availability and disaster recovery solutions for databases.
- Expertise in performance tuning databases schemas, indexes, and queries.
- Experience in working directly with customers.
- Skills in automation and scripting.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in English.
Skills that will be considered beneficial: NoSQL databases, Oracle, programming, Terraform or Ansible, previous knowledge in any of the public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP), hands-on experience with Data Warehouses, and columnar databases.
What you can expect at Nordcloud is a straightforward working team of highly skilled Cloud Architects and Consultants that work with the public cloud and the related features all day in and out. The pace at which we operate is very fast, the collaboration across Europe is intense and the fun to be had both locally and in international team meetings is huge.
- Wide range of benefits like extensive private health care and insurance, wellness benefits, a high-end laptop, and a smartphone of your choice.
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture, we enjoy working and having fun together, and sharing our knowledge.
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Great self-development possibilities - we organize internal presentations and workshops. If you want, you also get to write blog texts and give presentations at meetups.
- A personal budget for training, conferences & certifications – we want you to grow!
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities such as clubs, virtual coffees, after work, etc. And of course, we welcome new activities open-heartedly if you have anything in your mind!
Please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll get back to you.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 900 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the tech industry!