This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Dec. 5, 2023 by Telia Finland Oyj
Network Cloud DevOps Engineer
Would you like to work with cutting edge technology in the telco area? Would you like to be a part of a team that will revolutionize how we manage, operate, and build our networks in the future? If your answer is yes, keep on reading. This might be your next challenge!
My name is Mika Ikonen, and I am leading the Cloud Development team within our Network Cloud & Continuous Delivery unit. We are looking forward to onboarding a new Network Cloud DevOps Engineer to our Cloud Development team. Your location can be in Helsinki or in Stockholm.
Your next challenge?
As a member of the development team, you will develop and operate systems and applications targeting network orchestration, container management and automation. We are in a transformation journey from virtual machines based mobile network elements into containerized architecture by building our own CaaS (Containers as a Service) platform. You have an opportunity to be a part of this exciting journey.
We expect you to have strong experience in DevOps, including previous experience in implementing DevOps principles and enforcing good code/test/deploy security disciplines. With your experience, you will be able to boost the team’s best practices and aligning the ways of working to fine tune our execution as a SAFe agile team.
Additionally, you will have a role when it comes to system design and aiding stakeholders in the decision-making process to secure quality and customer satisfaction. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing and therefore this is a great team to develop and grow in.
Who are you?
- You are collaborative, positive and have an innovative mindset
- You have a hunger to learn new things and to share your expertise to grow the team
- You are driven by new challenges and will overcome them
- You are self-driven and have a can-do attitude
- You have great attention to detail including documentation
- You care about code security and reliability
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with experience in the following areas:
- CI/CD pipeline: GitHub Actions (preferred), Jenkins
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling: Ansible (preferred), Terraform, saltstack, puppet, etc.
- Working with Kubernetes creation & management using kubeadm
- Docker (and Dockerfiles), creating and managing containers
- Use of automated test frameworks: Robot Framework (preferably), Cypress, etc.
- Python (creating small scripts, using classes, unit testing, pip package management)
- Working with virtual machines and Linux admin work (including scripting: bash, shell)
- Understanding REST API’s
- Code Repository: GitHub (preferred)
- Tracking tools: Jira (preferred)
In our daily work the team works with:
• Developing back-end APIs with Python (Flask).
• Writing test cases in Robot Framework and Cypress.
• Building and deploying Docker images and containers with docker-compose
• Working with VMware components, like Telco Cloud Automation, vCenter, NSX-T, AVI, TKG clusters
• We follow SAFe & Scrum practises
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
If you fancy joining our team, don’t hesitate to apply! We will fill the position as soon as we find right candidate.
Please note that selected candidate will be required to undergo Finnish security clearance process.
For more information you are welcome to contact me via email@example.com or LinkedIn
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We will not handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent.
Welcome to Telia – Home to your next big opportunity!