Product Specialist — Performance Benchmarking
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
The Product Specialist participates in the design of Procyon and 3DMark benchmark products helping to translate business requirements and partner and customer feedback into product features and functionality. In this position, you will work closely with both the development team and product manager to define product features that deliver customer value and support product strategy and participate in related research and prioritization of new features and functionality.
This can be a fully remote position for any location within Europe where we have an office (list). Please be aware that you need to have working rights already for the country you will be working in.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
- Market research to help develop the benchmarking product
- Translate goals and feedback to practical features
- Work with the software development team to design the product
- Set up partnerships with companies in the related industry
- Collaborate with the marketing team as SME
- Represent the company in the industry
- Specify testing for the QA team
What makes you a great fit:
- Experience with computer and/or smart device performance benchmarking is necessary.
- Understanding PC and smart device technology and how different devices are benchmarked within the industry for competitive analysis, internal performance target setting, or marketing purposes.
- The candidate is expected to be familiar with UL's benchmark products (3DMark, Procyon, PCMark) with knowledge and insights of competing products and can articulate the differences between them.
- Examples of suitable prior experience are tech media hardware reviewer, tech industry analyst, PC/smart device technical marketing, or PC/smartphone/software performance testing engineer roles.
- Experience in participating in agile software development projects is beneficial.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's degree) in Technical, Marketing, Business, or a related discipline is preferred, but not required. 2 years or more of related discipline experience or demonstrated competency.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do. You will shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to promote safe living and working environments for people everywhere.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people”. Work with colleagues, who you can listen and learn from and challenge each other so that you can continually push for excellence and results.
Interesting work: Your work at UL will challenge you to try fresh approaches, be empowered to drive change and help you gain in-depth experience in your field. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages as well as a technical training track for applicable roles.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.