Supplier Development Specialist
Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Wärtsilä Marine Power, Power Supply is looking for a Supplier Development Specialist. In this position you act in a key role in supplier interface.
As a Supplier Development Specialist, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Actively support new product introduction and leading systematic quality assurance activities for the new components
- Analyzing supplier performance and identifying development opportunities
- Develop and execute supplier development action plans to improve supplier performance
- Support suppliers with their operational efficiency and development initiatives
- Execute supplier audits and audit follow-up according to supplier development action plan
- Point of contact for suppliers with escalated issues
- Actively participate in the component category team action plan creation and decision making
The below will enable you to shine in this role:
- Strong personal drive, being curious and used to take own initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills with analytical mindset
- Understanding end-to-end processes with the value for customer in focus
- Well-developed and effective communication and influencing skills
- Engaging presentation skills
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering or Economics and Business Administration, or qualified equivalent experience
- Experience in manufacturing processes, engineering or supply management
- Experience in SAP is seen as a benefit
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel
This position is permanent and the preferred location is FInland (Vaasa, Helsinki, Turku), but other Wärtsilä locations in Europe can also be considered.
Why you and us:
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps:
Does this sound like the job for you?
If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 20th of July, 2022, through submitting your application through our career’s portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified?
Please reach out to:
Supplier Development Manager
(only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our broad portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems delivers the efficiency, reliability, safety, and environmental performance needed to support our customers to be successful. Our offering includes performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.