Senior Automotive FAE
Position: Senior Field Application Engineer, Automotive
We are looking for an engineer with outstanding technical skills and experience in customer facing roles to join our Field Applications Team in EMEA and provide technical solutions during both post-sales phases and the design-in of the customer relationship.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact in delivering our world-class products and help customers fully utilize the performance capabilities of u-blox portfolio of services and GNSS, Short Range and Cellular modem products. With responsibility and ownership of EMEA Automotive Key accounts, this position has the potential to expand through different markets and applications in EMEA in the future with interesting career development.
Working with cutting edge technology, you should have outstanding communication skills to help customers fully utilize the performance capabilities of u-blox products.
At the forefront of technology, you will be supporting the sales process and collaborating closely with our automotive key account, application marketing and product management teams and advising customers during the evaluation phase our products. You will assist throughout the design-in process and application development and perform design reviews and analysis of customer applications. You will interact with other FAE’s throughout EMEA as well as with the Application Engineering, Sales and Product Management teams, organize technical training and workshops, provide detailed technical and market feedback. There will be an opportunity for European travel.
Depending on your place of residence, this position can be filled in one of our offices in Germany, Finland, Italy or home based in EMEA region. Please specify your preferred location when applying.
- Act as the technical support reference for our automotive customers:
- Pre-sales assistance
- Design-in Support
- After-sales support
- Customer design analysis
- Proactively align and collaborate with Key Account Manager, Application Marketing and Product Management teams to secure new business
- Manage the analysis of Returned Material and feed back to sales and R&D for corrective action
- Focus and grow your expertise in a market application and provide technical market feedback to R&D and Product Management
- Active participation in process development and optimization
Your skills and experience should include:
- Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working in automotive industry
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly understand the system architecture of customer's application
- Outstanding customer relationship manner, capability to handle difficult situations with diligence and all interlocutors at customer side.
- Demonstrated work initiative as a self-starter and motivated with time management and prioritization skills, with ability to follow up actions to closure
- Flexible team player, contributing to team success
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
in English is a must, other languages are an asset
- Willingness and readiness to travel abroad
- Experience in other industrial or customer market
- Hardware Engineering and/or Software Engineering for Embedded Platforms
- Experience with Positioning, Cellular, Short-range radio technologies
What are your perks?
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Working with customer all over EMEA and colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Modern and open locations all over Europe
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organisation and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.