Managed Cloud Security Services Analyst
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
Nordcloud is seeking an experienced Managed Cloud Security Services Analyst (Tier 1) to join the Cybersecurity Operations team.
Your daily work:
- Analyse detections and alerts and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR/EDX), and other security threat data sources
- Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security in Depth visibility into potential known and unknown threats
- Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders as well as for historical retrieval
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures
- Participate in security incidents and act as the technical Subject Matter Expert during significant security incidents
- Conduct operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host-based forensics as applicable
- Assist in development and knowledge sharing within the team
- Assist in security console tuning
- The job role may require shift work
What we would like to see:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working within a SOC, Threat Hunt, or Threat Intel team
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for information security and data security
- Strong written/verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- A motivated fast learner who can identify, analyse, and remediate potential threats to the environment
- Knowledge in security industry
What we consider a plus:
- At least 1 year of experience in Incident Response
- Experience in fast-paced investigations
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Experience with cloud environments.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender(s), EDX and Vulnerability Management tools.
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture, we enjoy working and having fun together and sharing our knowledge
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Great self-development possibilities – we want you to grow with us!
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools and ways of working
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra- curricular activities such as clubs, virtual coffees, after work, etc. And of course, we welcome new activities open-heartedly if you have anything in your mind!
- Wide range of benefits like extensive private health care and insurance, wellness benefits, a high-end laptop, and a smartphone
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.