This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Dec. 1, 2022 by F-Secure
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
About the team
Our Detection and Response R&D group builds technologies for endpoint detection and continuous response against the most advanced cyber-attacks out there. The Portals team is composed of software and quality engineers developing and maintaining high performant, data intensive web applications that are directly helping in the fight against cyber breaches.
The Portals team works with our technical product managers, and alongside Backends, Sensors, and Response teams to deliver front-end for our detection and response platform.
Our team is distributed across three different locations - United Kingdom, Poland, and Finland. Being a distributed team means a lot of flexibility, autonomy, and trust. We put additional effort in ensuring we communicate well and truly operate like a team.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent role based in the UK, Poland or Finland.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work as a part of Agile development team to produce high quality software
- Design both client and server side architecture solutions
- Implement front-end solutions to create delightful user experience for our customers
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Optimize new and existing code to make the applications more performant and easier to maintain
- Write and maintain component tests
- Manage and maintain CI/CD pipeline
- Troubleshoot, debug and fix issues
- Write technical documentation
- Work with different teams within F-Secure to deliver cross-team dependencies
While the team is distributed across multiple locations, communication is very important. You will spend a lot of time in team chat channels, as well as have daily standups via video calls. A few other team-wide meetings happen every week.
Regular check-ins bring the Portals team and other Detection & Response teams together to sync on the cross-team dependencies.
Your day will be full of opportunities to help and mentor less experienced developers on the team. Bi-weekly demo calls for our stakeholders provide an opportunity to present your work and get direct feedback from the teams that interact with our customers daily.
You might be a good fit it:
- You have curiosity about how things work and love to share that knowledge with others
- You have experience developing and operating web applications using AWS Cloud infrastructure
You communicate well both verbally and in writing
You love to mentor and model standard methodologies for coding, testing,
code review, documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Cyber security field excites you, and you want to help protect organizations, society and people from real-world attacks
Our team members are all familiar, skilled, and/or experienced in some of the following:
- GraphQL, RESTful APIs
- JEST, Pytest, Cypress testing frameworks
- Software development practices, Git, continuous integration and delivery
What will you get from us
- A chance to make a true impact in building the tools for defending against cyber-attacks
- A great working atmosphere, competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, remote working, company supported sport activities and many more things to keep our best asset – people – happy!
A security background check will be conducted for the selected candidate in accordance with Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2015.