Trainee, Accounts payable
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
We are always on the lookout for a talent with a growth mindset – are you the one?
Wärtsilä Shared Service Center (WSSC) supports the Wärtsilä group companies in financial accounting and other operational tasks. We are now looking for energetic and committed students to work as on-call trainees (0-25h/week) to strengthen the Accounts Payable team located in Vaasa, Finland. You will be working with Wärtsilä companies around the world and supporting with the handling of purchase invoices and other related tasks.
We have just relocated to a new office in Runsor area, where we are working flexibly a few days a week, with partial remote work opportunity.
What do we offer
- Collaborative, supportive and innovative atmosphere
- Possibility to collaborate with many different stakeholders globally
- Great colleagues and a multicultural working environment
- Possibility to learn and develop your professional skills with modern tools
- Career progression opportunities within a global organisation
- Hybrid working model
- Checking the quality and authenticity of incoming purchase invoices
- Handling of purchase invoices in the SAP system
- Monitoring of the overall invoice flow and the accounts payable ledger
- Supporting purchase invoice approvers with invoice handling and answering incoming questions from our suppliers and internal customers
- Handling of month-end closing related tasks, such as accruals
- Other tasks related to monitoring and quality control
- Balancing the workload during peak times and absences
Requirements for the position
- Currently studying Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or similar
- Systematic and organized way of working
- Flexibility and good team working skills
- Positive attitude and a mindset for continuous learning
- Good knowledge of English, with other language skills considered as an advantage (e.g. Finnish, Swedish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese)
- Must have the right to work in Finland
As an ideal candidate you might also have
- Proactive and analytical
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving capabilities
If you do not feel like you tick all the boxes listed above, please send in your application anyway! You may still be a good candidate for us.
Why you and us
You are valuated – as your true self. At Wärtsilä YOU matter. We value diversity and are committed in supporting inclusive work community.
Your growth is supported. We believe in continuous learning & teamwork. Wärtsilian community has your back when it comes to development opportunities – so you can develop beyond your potential.
You get to make a difference. Innovation and sustainability are important for us. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality.
Contact & next steps
Submit your application by December 15th through our Careers portal. Applications through email will not be considered. After submitting your application you’ll receive a confirmation email. We try our best to get back to everyone within 2-3 weeks after application deadline. The position will be filled as soon as we find the suitable candidate, so please send your application the soonest.
In case of any questions, reach out to:
Manager, Accounts Payable
Last application date: 15/12/2022
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.