Senior AWS Cloud Architect
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Senior AWS Cloud Architect.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud. As our new Senior AWS Cloud Architect, you will join our Professional Services team.
Nordcloud Professional Services encompass a wide variety of roles aiming at helping our customers succeed in their cloud journey. It includes areas such as Advisory, architecting, and engineering, as well as application development. They cover all public cloud technologies and domains and public cloud providers. We are passionate about the possibilities that cloud services bring and we use them to deliver quality solutions above and beyond just "getting the job done".
Your daily work:
- Participating in various customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations to audits and big data
- Implementing configuration management infrastructure
- Giving workshops and designing recommendations for a technical team
- You'll become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprise businesses and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team
- You’ll have a selection of different ‘hats’ to put on and have the luxury of following customer projects from start to release
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture Design and/or Cloud Architectural Patterns for Development
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: AWS (GCP is a plus)
- Solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualizing, strategizing, and architecting cloud solutions
- Windows and/or Linux sys op background
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of systems based on IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings, as well as exposure to different architecture models
- DevOps skills for leading the team and consulting the customer
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of security, network, virtualization, load balancer, storage, and database
- Container technologies experience (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Hands-on experience with IaaC for managing the cloud
- Coding/scripting skills (Bash, Python, Powershell, or similar)
- Active customer consultant and pre-sales attitude are a must
- Fluent communication skills in English and Finnish
As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, some readiness to travel in Finland and other locations in Europe is required.
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Finland
- Local benefits such as extensive private health care and wellness benefits
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com