This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Feb. 7, 2023 by Nordcloud
Cloud Migration Engineer
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Cloud Migration Engineer.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Migrating on-prem environment to the cloud
- Participating in various customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations to audits and big data
- Designing detailed technical solutions (eg. what tech and how), implementation, engineering best practices, and cloud/DevOps engineering work
- Designing and implementing cloud infrastructure mainly as code (infrastructure as code, application deployments, configuration management, etc.)
- Building clients’ cloud platforms, pipelines, and tooling
- Communicating with technical stakeholders and understanding the relevant engineering methods, tools, and technologies
- Helping to develop Nordcloud migration methodology and related software products further
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Hands-on experience in the areas of:
- Private virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, etc)
- Windows Server and Linux administration
- Active Directory administration
- DB administration
- Backup and DR systems
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: GCP, Azure, AWS, and how to apply it to solving technical challenges
- Experience and technical understanding of large-scale data center migrations
- Practical, systematic, and detail-oriented mindset and ability to learn fast
- Project-related communication skills and business mindset
- Knowing how to design and implement an excellent technical solution based on cloud platforms & relevant 3rd party tools
- Fluent communication skills in English
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Finland
- Local benefits such as extensive private health care and wellness benefits
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com