This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Feb. 11, 2023 by Nordcloud
Cloud Modernization Architect
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Modernization Architect - Containerisation.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Participating in various customer projects involving cloud native modernization both during presales and delivery
- Preparing a solution design and evangelizing the context, principles, benefits, and recommendations to stakeholders
- Assistance with customer proposal writing and overseeing the implementation
- Using best practices to design customer environments
- Preparing lessons learned and best practices accelerators to support enterprises with growth and transformation
- Taking a step back, and giving design recommendations to a technical team
- You’ll have a selection of different hats and the luxury of following customer projects from inception to start to release
Your skills and attributes of success:
The expectation is to have capable of identifying applications (both from a technical and business standpoint) that are suitable to break down into cloud-native architectural patterns like microservices and adopt/integrate towards public cloud services where applicable. This role requires the following competence:
- Knowledge of software architecture patterns (monolithic - SoA - microservices - what’s next?)
- Experience in principles of microservice design
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines design, setup, configuration, and best practices
- Experience in automation with PowerShell
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies including Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Containers, Helm Charts, and the industry best practices and tools (for monitoring, logging, and LCM) around these topics
- Experience in the design and delivery of systems based on Azure or AWS o GCP - IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings, as well as exposure to different architecture models such as all-in and hybrid cloud
- Beneficial is knowledge of network components (e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls), IT security, and design patterns for a cloud architect
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Fluent communication skills in English
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Finland
- Local benefits such as extensive private health care and wellness benefits
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com