This job is no longer active. It was disabled the March 20, 2023 by Wärtsilä
Director, Data Stream ERP Business Transformation
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Information Management (IM) offers best-in-class IT services that bring highest possible value for our businesses. We support businesses in digitizing core operations and harvesting new digital business opportunities via technology and information.
We are now looking for a Program Director to lead the data stream in Wärtsilä business transformation.
The Data Lead is responsible for overseeing the data strategy and management in Wärtsilä globally. This includes creating and implementing processes for data collection, analysis, and reporting, as well as leading a team of data analysts and engineers. The Data Lead also acts as a liaison between the data team and other departments, ensuring data is being used effectively to inform business decisions. Data Lead has a significant role in defining, building, and implementing data solution for Wärtsilä future E2E SAP S/4Hana solution in close collaboration with businesses and functions.
Possible location for this permanent position is Helsinki or Vaasa, Finland with hybrid remote work possibilities.
- Develop and implement a data strategy that aligns with the overall goals of the organization
- Lead a team of data analysts and engineers, including setting goals and providing mentorship
- Oversee the collection, cleaning, and storage of data, as well as the development of data systems and infrastructure
- Analyze data and create reports and visualizations to inform business decisions
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their data needs and ensure data is being used effectively
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in data management and analysis
Key targets 2023:
- Create as-is and to-be states of data architecture around Wärtsilä S4 Hana single instance
- Create roadmap for data activities, including build of needed 3rd party systems/databases
- Build data team and organization for business transformation, including needed partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading a data team and managing data projects
- Strong understanding of data management, analysis, and reporting tools and techniques
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Data Science, or statistics
- Strong experience in business understanding and ability to communicate that with non-technical stakeholders
Why you and us?
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative. We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
Contact & next steps:
Wise IT will assist Wärtsilä in this important recruitment process. If you have any questions about the position, please contact us: Tiia-Liina Aavisto, IT Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org +358 40 186 0696, & Marie Leivo, Talent Consultant, email@example.com, +358 406403205
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 19th of March 2023, by submitting your application through Wise IT website: https://wisepeoplegroup.teamtailor.com/en/jobs/2515071-director-data-stream-wartsila-erp-business-transformation-wartsila?utm_campaign=jobs-widget&utm_source=wisepeoplegroup.teamtailor.com&utm_content=jobs&utm_medium=web.
Last application date: 19/03/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.