This job is no longer active. It was disabled the March 27, 2023 by Elisa
Lead Test Engineer (Helsinki or other)
Corporate Services Development is a department inside Elisa’s Software Services unit, home for development of Elisa’s digital services like Elisa Viihde, Elisa Kirja, Elisa Ring, Elisa OC and our corporate customer online channels. We innovate and create digital products on customer need in a sustainable way. We are talented team of Designers, Architects and Engineers who are supported by modern management.
We are looking for a Lead Test Engineer to Elisa Corporate Online Services development in Elisa Software Services. In this role you will take over responsibilities of coordinating and overseeing test teams and their testing work, implementing common testing guidelines, managing test tool and framework preferences, and helping to bring testing in Elisa's Corporate Online Services development to the next level.
Your main tasks would include:
- Leading testing on several development areas with value- and risk-based approach and close collaboration with business and technical stakeholders.
- Hands-on approach to managing testing - manual testing for agile value-based testing and automation where it fits best based on your insight.
- Prioritization together with business needs, release schedules and available testers.
- Smart test maintenance – How teams keep tests up-to-date and deprecating tests that do not add value anymore.
- Collaboration with other area experts to build common best practices and developing these even further, and implementing these practices into development teams
- Analysis of test results, report founded bugs and triage right priorities.
We offer you a supportive and professional, international team and an employer who trusts its employees with as much freedom and responsibility as you feel comfortable with. You'll have the chance to develop your own skills in an agile, flexible and energetic work atmosphere with nice and notably top-class colleagues, caring leaders, growth possibilities and nice employee benefits.
In return we expect some things from you:
- Proven experience of leading testing activities with hands-on approach, automation, and processes, including coaching more junior colleagues.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of modern testing and test automation tools and processes, as well as CI-systems as part of software development, to the level where you know when not to apply test automation.
- Passion for software testing and test automation and eagerness to evolve these to the next level
- Hands-on experience in creating and maintaining (scripted) automated tests.
- Knowledge of different test types and test design techniques, ability to choose best suitable ones for different situations
- Knowledge of test planning, including test data management
- English language skills
The important technical skills to master are:
- Key technologies: JIRA, Robot Framework, SeleniumLibrary, Github Actions, QWeb
- Version control tools (Github)
- Bug management tools (JIRA)
- Knowledge about platforms like Kubernetes, AWS and Salesforce
Even if you do not find all of these technologies and skills under your belt, please contact us for an opportunity to learn.
Our team is highly international, and therefore our primary working language is English. Most of our team is based in Helsinki, but like the rest of the elisians, we can work flexibly (in Finland). Elisa is by proof one of the best places to work in Finland, and we can't wait for you to join us!Check out more reasons to join us.
Sounds like your cup of tea? Send us an application as soon as possible and we will get in touch with you! For questions or further discussion, don't hesitate to get in touch with Santeri at santeri.laitinen[at]elisa.fi.
We will perform a legitimate security clearance on the chosen candidate, which in turn requires having been a resident of Finland for a good number of years before the security clearance can be done.