Manager, Investor Relations and Business Control
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä’s Investor Relations team is looking for a Manager, Investor Relations and Group Business Control.
We are looking for an experienced manager to a shared role for Investor Relations and Group Business Control. During the first year, you will focus more on Investor Relations and after that your role is to support both teams.
This role enables exciting opportunity to develop yourself to the next level as a finance professional.
The role of Wärtsilä’s Investor Relations is to keep the financial community informed about Wärtsilä's strategy, performance and business environment in a way that gives them a fair view of Wärtsilä as an investment, increase the understanding of Wärtsilä as an investment and share market feedback for the management. Group Business Control is to lead Wärtsilä to optimal financial performance and structure.
We work as part of the Finance and Control function in close cooperation with the top management. In this role, you can contribute to other teams work as well.
Location: The position is located at Wärtsilä Helsinki Campus, Finland.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Preparing various investor relations materials, such as presentations, interim and annual reports, stock exchange releases
- Lead Annual Report process
- Taking part in preparing roadshows, investor conferences, Capital Market Days, Annual General Meetings etc.
- Analysis and modelling of group financial performance
- Participate and lead special development projects in Group Business Control
- Supporting various other IR and Group Business Control work
- Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. business, economics, finance)
- At minimum, 4-5 years of experience from IR, finance, group control or investment banking
- Good understanding of financial figures and equity markets
- Good understanding of disclose requirements
- Excellent command of MS PowerPoint and other MS tools
- “Can do” attitude, flexibility, ability to work independently and under pressure, attention to detail, willingness for continuous improvement
- An outspoken team player, self-driven, proactive, service-minded and outgoing personality
- Ability and willingness to sell
- Excellent communication skills in English and Finnish (written and spoken)
- Strong interest in investor relations and content creation
What we offer:
You get to work in a global listed company in a world class Investor Relations and Group Business Control function, closely with the top management and in close connection with the financial markets.
You are empowered to contribute to developing the team and the function even further.
As a Manager, Investor Relations, you will report to the Vice President, Investor Relations.
Contact & next steps:
To apply, please send your application through our Careers site as soon as possible, latest by 29th of March 2023.
For additional information, please contact Hanna-Maria Heikkinen, VP Investor Relations, email@example.com or Jussi Hynninen, Director, Group Business Control firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 29/03/2023
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.