Supply Quality Engineer
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 74 GW of power plant capacity and more than 80 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Want to join the ride?
We are always on the lookout for a talent with a growth mindset – are you the one?
We are looking for a Supply Quality Engineer with a main responsibility in Source Inspections. The preferred location for this position is in Helsinki, Finland but also Other European offices are negotiable. In this position, remote working is an option too.
Your role and responsibilities
As a Supply Quality Engineer your work will include:
- Auditing of the suppliers’ production process
- Conduct inspection and testing to secure a quality product
- Verify implementation and compliance to Quality requirements and Instructions
- Supplier on-site Quality monitoring
- Analysis of the Suppliers’ production process and Lead time.
- Review of inspection and testing results and review reporting to relevant SD&Q Manager
- Evaluating/monitoring RCA/CAPA for implementation and effectiveness
- Supporting product team/development on quality and inspection topics, for example with Quality requirements and Instructions
- Attend FAT at the supplier when needed / upon request
- Secure quality and compliance to project delivery at supplier's site
The tasks can also be adjusted based on your individual skills and interests. You’ll be working as a part of an energetic and great Supply Quality Assurance team with diverse expertise.
Requirements for the position
- 5+ years’ experience Supplier Quality Assurance and/or quality experience in power systems, renewables or energy storage industry, Electrical background will be perceived as an advantage
- Inspection and Testing experience on Electrical (and mechanical) products
- Product and process auditing experience, management system auditing experience with ISO 9001 or similar is preferred. Furthermore, the ability to interpret and understand electrical (and mechanical) drawings will be perceived as an advantage
- Excellent Production process knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and are capable of interfacing with numerous parties at all levels in a multicultural environment.
- Familiar with analytical techniques commonly used to investigate component defects and ability to deal with administrative as well as technical tasks.
- Strong bias for action and results orientation is critical
- Individual must be self-driven and self-motivated to learn and use that knowledge to produce results
- Able to trouble shoot and solve problems on the manufacturing line
- Strong solution-oriented approach, capability to implement and persistency to follow-up activities to ensure sustainability and quality
- Willing to travel 40% of the time
- You possess excellent English (both orally and written.
As an ideal candidate you might also have
- Knowledge about Bulgarian Language
- Knowledge about Cyrilic alphabet
Why you and us?
You are valuated – as your true self. At Wärtsilä YOU matter. We value diversity and are committed in supporting inclusive work community.
Your growth is supported. We believe in continuous learning & teamwork. Wärtsilian community has your back when it comes to development opportunities – so you can develop beyond your potential.
You get to make a difference. Innovation and sustainability are important for us. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality.
Contact & next steps
Submit your application before the deadline 7.6.2023 through our Careers portal. Applications through email will not be considered. After submitting your application you’ll receive a confirmation email. We try our best to get back to everyone within 2-3 weeks after application deadline.
In case of any questions, reach out to
Manager Supply Quality Assurance, email@example.com.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.