This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Dec. 14, 2023 by Wärtsilä
(Senior) Electrical Engineer
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
We are looking for a (Senior) Electrical Engineer to strengthen the plant and cell electrical team inside the Testing and Validation organization. The team consists today of a group of electrical experts, with various expertise and responsibility areas. You would have the possibility to be on the front line participating in all the latest plant and fuels-related development projects.
The location for the position is Sustainable Technology Hub, Vaasa.
- Guide the team in ATEX directives and requirements
- Design and update electrical drawings
- Participate in meetings and give input to external designers
- Act as an expert in your own area, supporting other disciplines and the rest of the electrical department
- Technical definition and documentation of electrical equipment
- Quality inspections, verification & documentation for own discipline
- Support in daily operations of STH testing and validation facility
- Managing technical documentation from equipment suppliers for internal and external purposes
- Based on design, defining installation and commissioning inspections, measurements, and system tuning
- Participate in meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting site team during installation and commissioning
- Support purchasers in supplier and stakeholder negotiations when needed and maintain good supplier/stakeholder relationships
- Manage own activities according to requirements together with external vendors and internal team members
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Electrical engineering
- ATEX directives and future fuel knowledge
- Self-propelling active personality, with the will to learn and develop
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Good command of Finnish and English. Also Swedish is seen as an advantage
(Senior)Electrical Engineer will offer an exclusive opportunity in the ramp-up and future development of the Sustainable Technology Hub. We are looking for professionals experienced in the field of power plant technology and/or test-run (electrical). You will be part of the operations in the new facilities, coordinating and managing supplier documentation, and contributing to installation and commissioning inspection and measurement requirements based on technical system design. You will also support and collaborate with the commissioning of the new systems being installed in STH.
We offer a technically diverse and flexible environment, focusing on testing new technologies and maintaining the current. We work as an enabler for the future technologies.
Why you and us:
You are valuated – as your true self. At Wärtsilä YOU matter. We value diversity and are committed to supporting an inclusive work community.
Your growth is supported. We believe in continuous learning & teamwork. Wärtsilian community has your back when it comes to development opportunities – so you can develop beyond your potential.
You get to make a difference. Innovation and sustainability are important to us. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality.
If any further question arises, we hope to hear from You before the application deadline of 13.12.2023. Please submit Your application through the Career portal.
Manager, Plant & Cells, Electrical
Phone: +358 40 186 2441, E-mail: email@example.com
Last application date: 13/12/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health checks, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when the person is located outside of Finland.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.