This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Dec. 7, 2023 by Wärtsilä
Director, EPC Projects
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our partners to accelerate their decarbonisation journeys through our market-leading technologies and power system modelling expertise. These cover decarbonisation services, future-fuel enabled balancing power plants, hybrid solutions, energy storage and optimisation technology, including the GEMS Digital Energy Platform.
Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 76 GW of power plant capacity and more 110 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Want to join the ride?
We are looking for a Director, EPC Projects to our Engine Power Plants business unit. As Director, EPC Projects you will be responsible for our most demanding delivery projects and leading an organisation in the areas of project management, contract management, engineering, subcontracting as well as construction and commissioning. Your accountability starts already from the sales phase where you are part of decision making / sales governance, and early project activities are taken. The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure that the EPC portfolio is delivered meeting the Customer expectations and Wärtsilä targets with engaged employees to support profitable business and success of Energy business.
The preferred location for this permanent position is in one of our Wärtsilä locations in Finland (Vaasa, Helsinki, Turku) but other European locations can also be considered.
- You will be a member of the Management Team for Engine Power Plant. Together with the management team, drive the success of the engine power plants business.
- Build objectives and action plans for the EPC business and lead the EPC organisation towards the goals.
- Lead and manage the EPC project portfolio globally towards Customer satisfaction and positive results by proactive risk mitigation and managing operational excellence of the projects.
- Proactively maintain customer relationship. Represent Wärtsilä within own area of responsibility.
- Ensure proper resourcing and capacity level for the project business.
- Lead the development of project management capabilities such as processes, ways of working, as well as competences and tools.
- Drive employee satisfaction and engagement within own organisation
- Develop and enhance way of working and cooperation across various Wärtsilä organisations involved in projects.
- Drive Wärtsilä Purpose and demonstrate Wärtsilä values.
- M.Sc. in engineering (or similar)
- Experience of project- and construction business in a global business environment
- Experience of EPC projects and preferably energy business
- Proven track record of managing the financial performance of the project portfolio and providing reliable project deliveries within complex business environment combined with entrepreneurial mindset.
- Contractual and risk management understanding
- Recognised leader with great ability to build high performing teams based on trust
- Leads by example and enables collaboration across organisations
- Have a strong communication and influencing skills
- Inspires people with clear direction as well as engaging and inclusive leadership style
- Has continuous improvement mindset and ability to coach people to grow and learn
- Drives Wärtsilä Purpose and demonstrates Wärtsilä values; Customer Success, Passion, Performance
- Readiness to travel
Your success will be measured by:
- Employee Satisfaction & Engagement
- Customer Satisfaction
- Predictability, quality and profitability of the EPC project portfolio
- Order intake, net sales & profitability (Ebit)
Why you and us?
You are valued – as your true self. At Wärtsilä YOU matter. We value diversity and are committed in supporting inclusive work community.
Your growth is supported. We believe in continuous learning & teamwork. Wärtsilian community has your back when it comes to development opportunities – so you can develop beyond your potential.
You get to make a difference. Innovation and sustainability are important for us. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality.
Contact & next steps:
Please submit your application with a CV and full motivational letter before the application deadline 6th of December 2023 through our Careers portal. Applications through email will not be considered. After submitting your application you’ll receive a confirmation email. We try our best to get back to everyone within 2-3 weeks after application deadline.
In case of any questions, reach out to:
Vice President, Engine Power Plants,
Last application date: 06/12/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 240 locations in 79 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.