This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Dec. 13, 2023 by Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
We are now seeking a Mobility Manager to join the Site Management & commissioning team in the Energy Storage &optimisation Business, working for a better future.
This position is permanent and the preferred location for the position is Vaasa, Turku or Helsinki, Finland.
What you will be doing:
In this position, your work will include coordinating and managing temporary cross-border site assignments and related compliance and taxation in the Wärtsilä Energy Storage business segment, with exceptional attention to the home country, Finland and business target market countries. On a typical day, you might start with reviewing updates in the status of site assignments, advising and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and end the day with preparing advice and guiding and coaching line managers and site assignees. You will not be working on this alone, even though the work requires a high level of independence, as you will have support from home and host country internal stakeholders and external service providers. For us to be the best match, we expect you to have understanding in tax and labour regulations, focus on home country Finland and willingness to adapt into the business target market countries, and experience from working with cross-border mobility and mobility arrangements, including EU posted worker concept and personal taxation in temporary assignments. As an ideal candidate, you have gained experience from cross-border site assignments, home country Finland regulations in cross-border situations and GDPR and personal data protection, and an MSc degree in economics or law. For you to succeed in the position, we hope you have cross-border mobility and tax matters competencies and be proactive in coaching others and developing and updating processes.
- You will be managing Energy Storage projects, site mobility country studies, and immigration together with internal and external stakeholders from sales until the completion of project delivery
- You would collaborate closely with a responsible Resource Planning Manager in Installation & Commissioning, a Project Tax Team, a Project Manager, Human Resources and External Consultancy Partners
- Your team scope would consist of:
- Sales phase: Support and cost estimates regarding preliminary studies of site personnel immigration, personnel tax and social security contributions based on available information
- Delivery phase: Project site mobility and compliance plan concepts resulting in compliant and timely site resourcing
- Closing phase: Home and host country compliance and tax arrangements related to site assignments
- Home country tax support regarding site assignments, focus on home country Finland
- Coaching internal stakeholders in country and project-specific tax and compliance matters
- Developing, following and updating the compliance status of site assignment arrangements
- Administering personal data in accordance with GDPR and Wärtsilä guidelines, using Wärtsilä tools
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- MSc or BSc level degree in law or tax/economics
- Solid experience in Global Mobility and taxation-related duties of at least 5-10 years
- Expertise in EU law and tax and labour laws, focusing on home country Finland and business target market countries
- Solid background and understanding of GDPR and personal/confidential data handling requirements
- Proven expertise in personal income tax and other tax matters, in my home country Finland and business target market countries
- Understanding of EU posted worker concept and cross-border assignments
- Proactive, analytical, development-minded and goal-focused attitude
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in Finnish and English, both written and verbal
Why you and us?
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility for our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the proper basis of our innovation. We dare to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic, honest and strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true selves. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you and allows you to feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
In addition to the core team, you will work closely with Project Managers and local contacts in our target markets.
Contact & next steps:
We hope to hear from you before the application deadline of 12.12.2023. by submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Please contact Rami Rajamäki at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this position (only for questions from direct job applicants; applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Last application date: 12/12/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.