This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Dec. 12, 2023 by Wärtsilä
Senior Strategic Purchaser
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
We are now looking for a Senior Strategic Purchaser to join our developing Engine Power Plants Supply Management team.
The preferred location for the position is Finland.
What you will be doing
- In this position, you will develop and execute sourcing action plans as part of a global Category team. You will plan and execute supplier selection in Engine Power plant projects and participate and support in alignment with our Marine and Service business
- You will also be responsible for ensuring end-to-end cost optimisation, including securing optimised Lead Time, Delivery Reliability, Agreement Coverage and Quality targets for your own supplier base
- You will not be working on this alone, and even though the work requires a high level of independence, you will have the support of the Category and other internal stakeholders.
- For us to be the best match, we expect you to have a high commercial understanding and solid experience from working in Supply management
Besides mentioned above, your work will also focus on these responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key business and functional partners to ensure early planning and alignment of sourcing strategies with business needs
- Participate in the creation of the category strategy and/or action plan and its implementation
- Execute and/or support supplier selection
- Ensure compliance with Wartsila sourcing and purchasing policy
- Ensure that Lead Time, Delivery Reliability, Agreement Coverage and Quality targets are met for own supplier base
- Ensure end-to-end cost ownership within own area together with the Product teams
- Secure agreements coverage, price list coverage, supplier capacity and availability for EB demand of direct materials
- Participate in supply chain localisation plans in line with Area specific needs and priorities and in cooperation with Category Teams
- Participate in or execute supplier audits and follow up on the audit action plan
- Be a role model in developing and implementing internal processes
- In this role, some travel is required
Why you and us?
- We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility for our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have the courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
- We are authentic and honest, and we firmly believe you can accomplish much more by being your true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you and allows you to feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
- We have a fantastic team and are excited about our work and its impact on building sustainable societies. We seek a colleague with this shared passion for smart technologies and a sustainable future.
We hope to hear from you before the application deadline, 11.12.2023, by submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way. The timeline for the recruitment process will be the following:
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Please reach out to Jonathan Jungerstam, General Manager, Supply Management or to Ville Kallio, Category Manager, Supply Management through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions related to this position.
Last application date: 11/12/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.