This job is no longer active. It was disabled the Feb. 19, 2024 by Aalto University
Specialist, Compensation & Hris
Aalto University is where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs in and across our disciplines, sparking the game changers of tomorrow and creating novel solutions to major global challenges. Our community is made up of 13 000 students, 400 professors and close to 4 500 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community’s diversity and inclusiveness. This is why we warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.
Are you an HR professional who is motivated by meaningful work in an international university environment, enjoys diverse tasks in your everyday work, and is excited about developing processes, learning new things, and solving new situations?
We are currently looking for a
with a focus on compensation, reporting, and HR systems.
In this role, you will function as an expert in the university's compensation systems and practices and develop personnel and payroll reporting. You will also develop and use the Workday system not only for compensation but in other HR areas as well. This is a position in the Operative HR unit, which is responsible for operative HR processes, compensation and salary systems, employment matters, HR information systems and reporting and analytics. The unit comprises over 20 professionals.
In your role, you will:
• Ensure the functionality and up-to-date nature of the university's compensation systems, as well as provide guidance to supervisors, employees, and the HR organization.
• Coordinate the development of job descriptions and the implementation of job evaluation.
• Act as an admin user for Workday Compensation, ensuring its functionality and effectiveness.
• Develop reporting capabilities in various areas of Workday for decision-making purposes.
• Produce salary and personnel analyses.
You are an excellent fit for the position if:
• You have at least 5 years of experience in HR roles or working with HR systems, preferably with 2-3 years in tasks related to compensation systems and rewards.
• You have strong IT system skills and have experience as an admin user of a modern HR system.
• You are oriented towards development and able to justify the benefits of the changes to the organization.
• You are analytical and understand the importance of quality data in HR work.
• You are fluent in both Finnish and English, both written and spoken.
• You have completed a relevant university or polytechnic degree.
• You have good interaction skills as well as a proactive and independent approach to your own field of work.
It would be considered advantageous if you have:
• Workday expertise.
• Previous experience with Salary System for Universities (YPJ) or similar.
We offer you:
• An inspiring and inclusive work culture that values continuous growth and fosters a relaxed and flexible atmosphere.
• Motivated and development-oriented colleagues.
• Modern tools and opportunities to enhance your competences and skills.
• The benefits of both remote and on-site work, as well as flexible working hours.
• A workspace in the rapidly developing Otaniemi campus with excellent transportation connections.
• The opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our goal of creating a sustainable future. We inspire tomorrow's change-makers and transform society through research-based knowledge, creativity, and entrepreneurial thinking.
Ready to apply:
If you want to join our community, please submit your motivation letter and CV through our recruitment site by using the link on Aalto University’s web page ("Apply”) by Sunday February 18, 2024.
If you would like to hear more about the assignment, please contact: Ulla Martola, Head of Operative HR, tel. 050-437 2020, available on Friday 9 February from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., on Tuesday 13 February from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. and on Thursday 15 February from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Want to know more about us and your future colleagues? You can watch these videos: Aalto University – Towards a better world, Aalto People , and Shaping a Sustainable Future. Read more about working at Aalto: https://www.aalto.fi/en/careers-at-aalto
Check out our new virtual campus experience: https://virtualtour.aalto.fi/
More about Aalto University: