Director, ICT Services
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Information Management (IM) offers best-in-class IT services that bring the highest possible value to our businesses. We support businesses in digitising core operations and harvesting new digital business opportunities via technology and information. As our current Director is moving to a new role and to respond to growing business demand and performance of our IT organisation in a complex business environment, we are seeking a director to lead and transform our ICT Service organisation.
ICT Services is a global organisation providing hosting, cloud and DevOps environments, networks and connectivity, end-user devices (workstations, laptops, mobile devices) and all essential end-user IT services and software for all Wärtsilians worldwide. The organisation has a headcount of roughly 100 people located in Finland and India and across our various sites worldwide. This is an opportunity for a seasoned IT leader to take on a new, high-impact role and help transform our global IT offering.
Your mission is to run, develop and deploy a modern and scalable IT operating model that drives overall performance and accelerates the speed of business development. Business management satisfaction, operational performance, and employee engagement are your guiding stars for measuring success. We are looking to improve our end-user IT experience both in terms of new technology like improved office environments and AI and in terms of better and faster service in case of unique needs or issues.
- Lead the ICT services function and organisation, keeping Wärtsilä business running every day
- Develop, deploy and run a modern and scalable IT operating model that improves overall performance
- Lead own organisation towards operational excellence and continuous improvement mindset
- Evaluate and further develop IT partnering strategy in cooperation with IT sourcing organisation
- Develop and deliver together with our partners innovative IT services to fulfil end-user and business requirements
- Drive improvement in end-user and management IT satisfaction and deliver improved and measured business value
- Own ICT Services partnering strategy to support business profitability and growth via a competitive, highly performing digital supplier ecosystem providing the latest technology with cost efficiency
- Manage business and stakeholder relations and feedback and handle top management communications
- Be an active member of the IM Management team and contribute to the development of the overall IT organisation
- M.Sc. in Information Technology, Engineering or Economics & Business Administration
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the capability to drive change (+10 years)
- Proven track record of leading successful IT organisations and operating model transformation (+10 years)
- Proven track record of partnering and managing complex outsourced IT service operations and development (+10 years)
- Experience in operational excellence and continuous improvement frameworks and methodologies (ITIL, Agile, Lean, etc.)
- Currently working in a global >1BN company or with a system integrator in a senior IT position
- Solid financial knowledge with the capability to manage IT spending (+10 Meur per annum scale) and improve efficiency, make business case modelling and understanding of main profitability and business value drivers
- Proactive and goal-focused attitude to work with excellent influencing and decision-making skills
- Good knowledge of ICT Operations, Cloud, Service Management, and Workplace areas
- Fluent written and spoken English and advanced presentation skills
A possible location for this position is Helsinki or Vaasa, Finland.
Contact and next steps:
Wise IT will assist Wärtsilä in this important recruitment process. If you have any questions about the position, please contact: Tiia-Liina Aavisto, IT Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org +358 40 186 0696
Does this sound like the job for you? If so, we hope to hear from you before the 25th of February 2024 application deadline by submitting your application through the Wise IT website.
Link to the Wise IT page for the application submission:
Last application date: 25/02/2024
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.