Manager, Product Development, Films EMEIA
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Raflatac Films SBU is looking for a Manager, Product Development who will be responsible for managing and leading the overall product development initiatives of UPM Raflatac Films SBU. Position is located in Tampere, Finland or Nowa Wies, Poland.
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2018. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com.
Greetings from your future team:
“Welcome to a dynamic, highly skilled and diverse team of professionals. We work hard and accomplish a lot, but always remember to maintain a positive atmosphere and cheer & support each other. There will be a lot for you to do and learn, but we are sure you will enjoy every moment being part of the team!”
What you will do:
- You are technical component owner for silicones and release liners and give support to business with technical matters relating to those
- You are in charge of developing silicones and release liners according to plans done with sourcing and business to meet market and internal process requirements
- You work together with internal stakeholders including e.g. business, sourcing, production, quality development, product safety, sales
- You work in global expert network for developing silicone chemistry and test methods related to those
- Increase the knowledge of the value chain requirements, and use it in product development work by developing & harmonizing new test methods and testing the components and products according to the requirements
- You will lead developing project management and practices (including testing at customers and end-users)
Who you are:
- You have university degree in a relevant field of studies
- You have a few years of experience in Product Development/R&D organization
- You have high-level of drive to achieve desired results and courage to implement needed actions to secure business results
- You manage competing demands, frequent changes, and you use time effectively
- You learn fast the new solutions and technologies and can utilize those for business benefits
- You are comfortable with working in a matrix organization and with multiple professional networks across an enterprise
- You are a good team player
- You are fluent in English and either in Polish or Finnish
This is what we offer for you:
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Location: Tampere, Finland or Nowa Wies, Poland.
Are you interested? To apply, please submit your application via OurWorkday portal by the end of August 31st, 2019.
For more information regarding vacancy please contact: Mika Pirisjoki, firstname.lastname@example.org, or tel. +358405430494. You can contact Mika during the following calling times:
19.08. 12.00 – 13.00
23.08. 12.00 – 13.00
26.08. 12.00 – 13.00
30.08. 15.00 – 16.00
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.